Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Twitter in the Classroom and Random Thoughts

I am finding all kinds of ways to use technology in the classroom this summer. I am posting in the blog a connection I saw on Ann's Twitter feed for the Twitter class. There are a lot of good ideas here, and I don't want to forget where I saw this article.

28 Simple Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom

I am also interested in learning more about how others are using social media in organizations like church. If anyone has experience or has read about it, please share ideas with me.

3 comments:

  1. There are so many cool / fun ways to use Twitter in the classroom. One idea I like is using it as a "backchannel" thus giving every student a voice. Much like todaysmeet.com you could use a hashtag and have that be your backchannel.
    As far as churches using Facebook or Twitter I can't say I know of any of the top of my head. I think it would potentially be a great idea to have a Church page on FB though to disseminate information out to the parish. Why not?

    Brent Catlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent--We have Facebook pages already with our church. And a Website. I am making a Webpage for a committee I'm on using WIX which I learned about at the February in-service. But I'm trying to encourage Twitter because there are so many great links you can get to within our bigger church organization to disseminate information.

    The problem with all the technology is that with our older people not everyone uses Facebook and Twitter. So I guess it's a big education process. But in trying to reach the younger audience, I'd like to use social media. I know I can find information, but I keep hoping someone is already doing it and I can learn from them!

    Thanks for your input.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha!

    Yes I think SM is a great way to reach the younger audience, even at church. It would be interesting if you just pulled the kids and asked if they were on twitter or not. Maybe you could use a Google Form to find out?!?!

    Brent

    ReplyDelete